Thursday 31 July 2014

'MOVING IN DAY' JAIPUR.

FRIDAY 4.10.2013

little bit scary!
have NO idea where my apartment is situated in jaipur. 
i did GOOGLE EARTH the area. but, couldn't get my bearings. 
JUST WAIT AND SEE. 

there is NO state in india as rich in magnificent palaces and forts, colourful festivals and bazaars, as 
RAJASTHAN.
it covers 132,047 sq miles.

a labyrinth of fascinating bazaars, opulent palaces and historic sights.
JAIPUR is often referred to as THE PINK CITY. 
because of its prominent buildings are washed in this colour.

AND I INTEND TO EXPLORE MANY OF THESE BAZAARS, & BEAUTIFUL BUILDINGS...


WELCOME to my HOME 
for the next 5 months.

you all know the old saying 'don't judge a book by its cover'
well, this is what came into my mind when i arrived at this building.
IT IS A BUILDING SITE.
A WORK IN PROGRESS.
but, i had complete faith, that all would be well.

WHAT  IS BEHIND THE WOODEN DOOR ???


walked straight into the lounge room / dining area. 
all grey & white marble floor. 
pink walls.
fluorescent naked lights on the walls. 
LOT OF BROWN. 


looking into the KITCHEN.


part of the kitchen.
black marble bench top.
feature tile wall is interesting.
standing proud on the bench is my 2 burner gas cook top.
to the left of the photo, is my purple refrigerator.
YES PURPLE.
eventually a few weeks later, handles were put on the drawers & cupboard doors installed. 


front door on the left.
this is the little foyer. on the cupboard is where i eventually kept my GROWING COLLECTION OF BOOKS.
my diary, portable speakers, lamp etc. 

looking into my bedroom. through the BROWN curtains. 
i couldn't understand the need for the curtains, so i hooked them back and never used them.


my BROWN blanket (minky) and bed cover & curtains.


looking from the bed.
t.v. on cupboards.
door on left, into my WESTERN style en suite.
did you see the BROWN mat??


the feature wall tiles in my WESTERN STYLE en suite.
the square shower rose, at the top... never did any HOT WATER comes from the imaginary rain shower.
only COLD WATER was available.
the WHOLE 5 months.
so, i used the BUCKET BATH method. to wash myself and my clothes. 
when it became far to cold to use cold water, i boiled up a saucepan of water  on the gas cooker.

shakeel & his wife pravereen, are my landlords.
when i arrived, they were still working tirelessly to have the interior complete. 
i could see how hard they were working.
the instant acceptance from them, was quite overwhelming.


the EXTERIOR of my home.
my verandah is on the 
TOP FLOOR, IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING.
YOU CAN SEE A METAL BALUSTRADES.
then to the left of metal, see the little window, & this is my BATHROOM.
you can see, that building works is still happening here. the pile of sand etc. 


i am standing on my VERANDAH & this is the WHITE HOUSE directly across.
i made mention of this home in letters. 
you can see the SECURITY MAN standing next to the gate. 
he is waiting for the 'beep' 'beep' of horns, that will signal him to open the metal gates. 
3 families live here. 
one on each level.


see the SECURITY MAN. 
this smaller home (red roof) is where i went to lessons for HINDI. 

the house next to that, (white long building) was PARTY CENTRAL.
they had many, parties in their garden. 
look closely, & you can see tables set up .
the parties looked wonderful.
catered for. 
musicians.
dancers.
lights.
music.


standing on my VERANDAH looking right. 
quite a few lovely established trees.


looking over my VERANDAH.
i did say it is a BUILDING SITE. 
this is all marble. some intact. lot of it is rubbish.

i could see that this building, will be a wonderful home.
i would look forward to the BUTTERFLY emerging from the RUBBLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment